Employee Spotlight: Mark Thompkins – Senior Project Manager
Meet one of our newest Netlanders, Mark Thompkins. Mark started at Netfor in May of 2021 as our Senior Project Manager where he will establish and develop our Project Management Office (PMO) and manage critical projects that deliver the future of Netfor’s vision
What do you enjoy about working at Netfor?
The opportunity to help build a Project Management Office, from the ground up is a challenge I look forward to. In the short time I have been here, I have found there is no shortage of help from the team. The enthusiasm from all I have met, knowing Netfor is building a Project Management team, inspires and spurs me to make the PMO, and project practices the best they can be, and let the experts be experts.
What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
- Custom speaker building
- I have a built approximately 20 home theaters for myself and others
- All things high-quality audio
- Building the next “thing” for the new house
Fun Facts about Mark:
- An avid DIY’er, Mark just completed the construction of his new home, and is in the process of building stables for the family horses, a new section to the back deck, and his last, and truly dream home theater.
- Prior to his career in Project Management, Mark was a nightclub DJ, working in clubs in New York, Indianapolis, Denver, Phoenix, and Columbus. This life led him to meet many bands that traveled in and out of the clubs. A long-term friendship with the group Chicago allowed him to spend several summers on the tour buses with the band, during the midwestern swings of their tours.
- 2 dogs, 1 cat, horses, 2 teenage daughters, and a wife with an eye for projects for him to complete, keep Mark busy.
- Every Christmas eve, we start playing “A Christmas Story”, and it is the only thing on TV for 24 hours.